Before starting to develop a technology project you must know very well at what point the business is located and where you want to direct the technology project, for example, if what you want is a website that can sell products internationally. or if it is only a local business that seeks to generate presence only in its sector, or even what kind of experience you want to deliver to your client, such as only having a website or if you want to have a mobile app for the purpose to connect even more with the client.
First of all, we will show you the advantages and disadvantages of each of these technologies so that you can choose the option that best suits you or suits your business
Advantages of a WordPress
- Development of the system in a short time; this is due to the fact that many of the elements are already developed and you just have to put elements in the pages so that it shows what you want.
- It has many plugins, which are easy to integrate and configure quickly, because you just have to go to the store, search and install it to start with your configuration, and if you have doubts in the configuration there are always tutorials within the same WordPress that help you
- It has a default administrative panel where you can handle certain aspects of the business, such as products, suppliers, among others, at a basic level.
- Much more economical, because much of the technology is already developed, and you just have to implement it
- Little customizable, in addition to being much more expensive to make changes due to the technology that was implemented is not very easy to modify to levels larger than what your configuration modules allow you.
- Much slower, and this is due to a series of factors such as not writing the code if not generating from the elements that are placed.
- High consumption of resources, so it becomes slower.
- Greater security problems, this is because it is a very popular and open source system, so there are those technological straits where you can attack the system, in addition, if you install an inappropriate plugin you can ruin your previous work.
Advantages of a native Website
- Integration with mobile applications, so you can develop native or hybrid applications for the main Android and IOS operating systems.
- Fully configurable and customizable for what you decide to do or what your business needs.
- Very fast given to that resources are not wasted and take better advantage of how they load the elements of the website which makes the website even faster.
- Scalable quickly to what the business needs, since you can integrate as many servers as the system requires so that it only continues to grow.
- SEO can take you to the heavens, so your page will be among the first search results.
- More expensive, and more delayed.
- It needs support and maintenance, since to keep the website up to date it is necessary to give updates every so often.
- Slower development, and this is because all the elements are created from scratch so that they are totally consistent with what is needed.
Which of the two is a better option?, a well-done native development will always be much superior to a WordPress, so if you have the capital and the time to wait, choose something native, but if your budget is short and you occupy it As soon as possible a site in WordPress is your best option.
At Primero Negocios we support you in this type of development, we are here to help you grow technologically and take your business to the next level.